Today, many of our Year 10 pupils had the opportunity to delve deeper into a career in health. This involved hands-on workshops that introduced a whole range of amazing medical careers from nursing, doctors & paramedics to the more lesser known healthcare scientists.
The workshops included the following activities:
– Use the ultrasound machine to see inside their body
– See inside their eye with an iPhone retina scan
– Record and print an ECG from their heart
– Hear their pulse with a Doppler Probe!
– Try key-hole surgery on a training device used by surgeons
– Use a real needle to take fake blood from a fake arm
– Experience different eye diseases with the pathology goggles
– Test hearing and reflexes
– Take basic medical observations such as blood pressure, oxygen saturation and temperature
From the photographs you can see that it was a great day! Well done Year 10s for you interest and hard work in the workshops.
Mrs Barker, Miss Myers and Mrs Smith